.jpg?maxwidth=3840)
Lot 242
A PAIR OF WILLIAM IV COLZA OIL LAMPS
BY PERRY & CO., CIRCA 1840
Closed18 June 2008
Price Realised
GBP 6,875
More Information
Specialist note
William Perry traded at 72 New Bond Street from 1817 and was joined by his nephew George in 1822. After 1833 the firm traded as George Perry & Co. Formerly named 'Parker and Perry' and founded by William Parker in 1756, the firm received commissions from many prominent patrons including the Royal family. They supplied the Prince of Wales at Carlton House and on Queen Victoria's accession they were one of two lustre makers called upon to supply the Royal household (R. Edwards, The Shorter Dictionary of English Furniture, London, 1964, p. 674).